Each year, the Women In Defense Space Coast Chapter (WIDSC) honors individuals and organizations that go above and beyond in their support of STEM in the local community. As a way to recognize those who contribute their time, effort, and resources to support educational partnerships and workforce development on the Space Coast, WIDSC is pleased to accept nominations for the 2022 STEM Education Innovator Awards.
Individuals, organizations, and companies will be considered for their innovation supporting STEM education in one or more of the following areas:
- STEM Leadership Star of the Year: Outstanding continuing effort in supporting/promoting STEM within the community by raising awareness or promoting STEM.
- STEM Business Innovator of the Year: Successful adaptation of STEM-related projects by partnering with students and teachers or by leading or developing a project that students used in some form that enhances STEM awareness.
- STEM Non-Profit Innovator of the Year: Develop STEM-related curriculum within an education system (e.g., this could also be through a partnering project).
- STEM Educator of the Year: Innovator who is increasing the opportunities for students and teachers to get to know positive, real-life individuals in STEM careers by providing mentoring and/or funding in the form of grants or sponsorships to promote STEM projects and/or awareness in an educational setting.
- STEM Mentor of the Year: Strengthen and/or expand opportunities for students to do and learn science in after-school settings.
- Name/Company nominated for respective award
- Nominee Contact Info: Name, email address, phone number
- A short, one paragraph nomination narrative describing the nominee’s contributions
- Nominator’s name, email address, and phone number
If you would like more information about these awards, please contact Leslie Tibbets at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-258-8504. The nomination period is now open and closes April 30, 2022.