Space Technology Day
Please Save the Date for A Space Technology Day
January 30, 2019 – 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Florida Institute of Technology Campus in Melbourne, FL
On Jan. 30, 2019, Florida Institute of Technology (Florida Tech) Office of Research in collaboration with NASA will host “A Space Technology Day” on campus that will bring together professors, students, engineers, technologists, and small businesses from around the state of Florida to engage on NASA’s current and future space technology activities, opportunities for collaboration, and the Agency’s plans for exploring the Moon, Mars and beyond.
The purpose of this face-to-face event is to:
- Provide guidance about the NASA research proposal process in order to increase competitiveness
- Connect NASA leadership to leading academic and commercial research and development capabilities
- Expose attendees to NASA’s strategic technology investments that are paving the way for American leadership in the exploration of the Moon, Mars and beyond
- Forge new collaborations with colleagues at regional institutions and commercial entities
Presentations and discussions on this day will encompass primary R&D areas and opportunities through NASA programs:
- Advanced Materials
- Robotics & Autonomy
- Power & Propulsion
- Advanced Manufacturing
- NASA’s SBIR/STTR Program
- NASA’s Space Technology Research Grants Program
Special events will include a keynote address by NASA’s Deputy Associate Administrator James Morhard (invited), opportunities for engagement with NASA program executives through breakout meetings, and a “Coffee & Space Fireside Chat” with NASA and Florida Tech students and faculty. Other Invited NASA guests and presenters include NASA’s Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD) Associate Administrator and Deputy Associate Administrator for Programs, Principal Technologists, Program Executives and Chief Engineers.
Limited travel assistance awards are available, with preference to attendees from minority-serving institutions.
Due to limited seating, pre-registration is required. There will be no on-site registration. Please register using the web form below:
We look forward to your participation in Space Technology Day 2019. For questions regarding this event, please contact the Florida Tech Office of Research at 321-674-7723 or via email to Dr. Tristan Fiedler at email@example.com